Signup for DSLBD Services!
Get your business moving! The Department of Small and Local Business Development (DSLBD) understands the needs of small business owners. With so much information out there on how to build a business, it’s no wonder that people often don’t know where to begin. Whether you’re in the beginning phases of starting a business or have a fully operating business, we want to support you every step of the way.
The Center for Entrepreneurial Education & Development (CEED) provides information and services to entrepreneurs and companies looking to launch and strengthen and grow their business in the District.
CEED is your one stop shop, bringing together resources from key District agencies including DSLBD, the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA), and other non-profit and Federal organizations that serve District businesses. CEED encompasses a comprehensive suite of business courses facilitated by industry experts. Courses are provided free of charge, or in some cases, a nominal fee.
Classes and services:
- Access to capital
- Accounting and tax strategies
- CBE certification and orientation
- Free, individualized counseling
- Free website through Google
- How to apply for small business loans, and understand the underwriting process
- How to compete to win government contracts
- Legal advice
- Marketing tactics for your business
- Proposal writing workshops
We want to see you succeed! So get started by signing up to our trainings, workshops, seminars, one-on-one technical assistance and other services.