- The principal office of the business enterprise must be located in the District of Columbia
- The chief executive officer and the highest level managerial employees of the business enterprise must perform their managerial functions in their principal office located in the District
- The business must demonstrate it meets one of the following:
- More than 50% of the employees of the business enterprise are residents of the District; or
- The owners of more than 50% of the business enterprise are residents of the District; or
- More than 50% of the assets of the business enterprise, excluding bank accounts, are located in the District; or
- More than 50% of the business enterprise’s gross receipts are District gross receipts.
For new applicants the steps to becoming a CBE are:
- Submit the online CBE application (online application must include the uploaded checklist items)
- DSLBD review and determination.
Note: It is recommended that a business review the CBE Program Webinar in the New Applicants section of the website prior to submitting an application to the Department. This is no longer a mandatory step but provides useful information in preparing your application for submission to the Department.
NOTE: Make sure you are using browser Microsoft Internet Explorer version 9 or above. CBE Online can ONLY run in this browser.