- The principal office of the business enterprise must be located in the District of Columbia
- The chief executive officer and the highest level managerial employees of the business enterprise must perform their managerial functions in their principal office located in the District
- The business must demonstrate it meets one of the following:
- More than 50% of the employees of the business enterprise are residents of the District; or
- The owners of more than 50% of the business enterprise are residents of the District; or
- More than 50% of the assets of the business enterprise, excluding bank accounts, are located in the District; or
- More than 50% of the business enterprise’s gross receipts are District gross receipts.
- Successfully complete the Certified Business Enterprise (CBE) Program Webinar (not applicable for recertification, upgrade, and joint venture certification);
- Submit the online CBE application (online application must include the uploaded checklist items)
- DSLBD review and determination.
When you begin the process as a new applicant make sure to click on REGISTER first. Your username and password for the webinar are completely separate from the application process.
If you are a returning applicant, revisit your CBE Online application to review, update, and/or submit your application.
NOTE: Make sure you are using browser Microsoft Internet Explorer version 9 or above. CBE Online can ONLY run in this browser.
NOTE: CBE Online is currently ONLY compatible with Internet Explorer.