The Business Development division helps CBEs and local businesses better position themselves to participate in contracting opportunities offered by the District and Federal Governments, as well as by the private sector. Our team of business development professionals also specialize in providing technical assitance to build credit, access capital and manage business finances.
Starting a business?
The Business Development Division at DSLBD helps District-based businesses and residents explore entrepreneurship - regardless of their business size, industry or risk level - and access capital to open and grow their business. Learn more with these resource offerings:
- Start a business: The DC Business Center provides easy access to "wizards" that produce personalized checklists of what is needed to start your business
- Frequently asked questions about starting a business in DC
- Get certified - start the certification process
The Business Development Division presents the annual District Connect: DC's Small Business Contracting Expo event in partnership with the District Department of Transportation (DDOT), the Office of Contracting and Procurement (OCP) and TD Bank to help CBEs and District businesses and residents learn more about working with the District and Federal governments.
- Learn more and register to attend the District Connect 2019: DC's Small Business Contracting Expo
- DSLBD-supported LOANS via a Loan Loss Reserve -- DSLBD works with lenders to establish microloans to clients who traditional lenders may not consider or deem “at risk.” Loan amounts available vary by lender. Learn more about District Capitalized opportunities.
DSLBD provides access to and regularly hosts free business workshops and training sessions and offers a centralized platform on its DC Business Toolkit with access to resources, events, agency and service provider points-of-contact information and more.
- See more training and workshop opportunities
Access to Capital Opportunities
DSLBD's Business Development Division helps CBEs and small and local businesses access capital to open and grow their business. If you need financial assistance to grow your business, we can connect you to one of our lending partners to discuss your needs: