The Business Development division helps CBEs and local businesses better position themselves to participate in contracting opportunities offered by the District and Federal Governments, as well as by the private sector. Our team of business development professionals also specializes in providing technical assistance to build credit, access capital, and manage business finances.
Access to Capital
The Business Development Division at DSLBD helps District-based businesses and residents explore entrepreneurship - regardless of their business size, industry, or risk level - and access capital to open and grow their business. The agency works with lenders to establish microloans for clients who traditional lenders may consider or deem “at risk.”
- Gain access to capital with the NEW DC Capital Connector
- Learn more about the District Capitalized Program that helps businesses and residents establish access to microloans.
- Financial resources for small businesses
DSLBD Small Business Awards (Partnership with DC Chamber of Commerce)
The Business Development Division presents the annual District Connect: DC's Small Business Contracting Expo event in partnership with the District Department of Transportation (DDOT), the Office of Contracting and Procurement (OCP) and TD Bank to help CBEs and District businesses and residents learn more about working with the District and Federal governments.
- Learn more about District Connect 2019: DC's Small Business Contracting Expo
DSLBD provides access to and regularly hosts free business workshops and training sessions.
- See more training and workshop opportunities