DSLBD is the go-to resource for small and local businesses in the District. We provide business owners direct assistance and targeted programs for every phase of their business lifecycle with personalized business counseling and competative insights for navigating the government contracting process successfully.
Additionally, DSLBD helps small and local businesses find contracting opportunities in the Certified Business Enterprise (CBE) network.
The District Government has a myriad of opportunities for entrepreneurs, early-stage businesses and growing businesses. See a collective of those resources below:
Thinking of starting a business?
- Sign up to be an SBRC Client
- Learn more about the DC Business Center
- Learn more about and connect with DSLBD's Innovation & Equitable Development team who are tasked with helping build the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the District of Columbia.
- Are you a DC maker? The Made in DC Program supports and promotes the city’s makers. Discover locally-made products making the District unique and join as a member of the Made in DC program!
Maintain & Grow your business
- Interested in securing government contracts to help grow you business? First, see if you qualify to become a Certified Business Enterprise (CBE). Take the CBE Wizard to see if your business meets the local requirements.
- Become certified!
- Access all of the District Government's business opportunities at the DC OCP Transparency Portal.
- District Capitalized
Are you an eligible non-profit interested in managing a DSLBD program and/or an entrepreneur seeking assistance?
Current grant opportunities
Are you a small and local business and are interested in securing contracts with the District and federal government?
- See if you qualify for assistance from the DC PTAC with this Checklist.
Interested in posting a contracting opportunity?
If you have a subcontracting opportunity to be distributed to the CBE community: Post a contracting opportunity