Centralize | Communicate | Collaborate | Champion
Access to Capital and Financing Resources for DC Businesses
District Capitalized is the DC Department of Small and Local Business Development (DSLBD)’s customer‐centric, inclusive coordinating program that supports financing the creation, operation and growth of District businesses, resident entrepreneurs, and the partners who help them via:
- Ecosystem Support and Coordination
- PRODUCTS: Provision of and referral to financing products appropriate to a business’ needs, stage, type and capacity including:
- DC Kiva Hub operated by DSLBD offering no-barrier, crowdfunding loans
- DC BLOC lines of credit operated by City First Enterprises funded by DSLBD
- Terms loans operated by LEDC, Life Asset and Wacif that are supported by DSLBD Loan Loss Reserve - download list
- Loans available through Eats Place
- DSLBD Grants to businesses
- Subscribe to learn about latest financing products for DC Businesses and DC Resident Entrepreneurs
- GUIDANCE: Offering training, tools and technical assistance to address barriers, manage finances, and obtain funding including:
- Money Mondays weekly workshop and networking series
- Meet with DSLBD’s Capital Access Manger and Inno.ED team
- Search DC Business Toolkit.com > Use ISSUE filter and select FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT & FINANCING
- Roadmap to navigate financing assistance at DCBusinessToolkit.com
- District Capitalized Dashboard provider search (coming soon)
- ECOSYSTEM SUPPORT AND COORDINATION: Supporting ecosystem partners to sustain and coordinate their efforts to finance DC businesses.
- Coordinating technical assistance stakeholder discussions – email [email protected] to join
- District Capitalized Dashboard provider search (coming)
- Providing funding to local, CDFI lenders to support small businesses and those perceived to be “risker” by traditional lenders - download list of DSLBD-supported lenders
DSLBD’s District Capitalized OBJECTIVES are to:
- Centralize -- Businesses and staff can readily find resources
- Communicate -- Inform businesses. Promote partners and products.
- Collaborate -- Stakeholder engagement. Program design/delivery. Troubleshoot challenge.
- Champion -- Equitable business access. Lender and partner support. Meeting all borrowers where they are to address busines financing barriers.
Subscribe to District Capitalized finance resource alerts for DC businesses, DC resident entrepreneurs and the service providers/agencies/lenders that support them