DSLBD offers several resources that can assist in your business growth and entreprenuerial journey. As you continue to collect the resources that you need, DSLBD and several partner agencies have programs that may anchor your business development process through defined services and trainings.
See a collective of DSLBD resources below:
Thinking of starting a business? Ideation Phase:
- Connect with DSLBD's Innovation & Equitable Development team. The Inno.ED division of DSLBD is tasked with helping build the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the District of Columbia.
- Are you a DC maker? The Made in DC Program supports and promotes the city’s makers. Discover locally-made products making the District unique and join as a member of the Made in DC program!
- Register for a DC Business Toolkit account to search for business resources and training events, and create an action plan to help get your idea off the ground.
- Need funding? Connect with DSLBD's Business Development team and learn about the District Capitalized Program.
Starting or currently operating a business in D.C.?
The Business Development Division at DSLBD helps District-based businesses and residents explore entrepreneurship, regardless of their business size, industry or risk level, connect with resources, and access capital to open and grow their business. Learn more with these resource offerings:
- Locate resources, events and Roadmaps in the DC Business Toolkit to help open, operate and grow your business in DC.
- Do you qualify for a CBE Certification? Get certified!
Find your way with Business Toolkit Roadmaps
The DC Business Toolkit is a one-stop-shop for all levels of small business owners. Navigate your next steps to success with the custom Roadmaps available in the Toolkit. Topic examples include:
- Operating a Green Restaurant in DC
- Contracting Opportunities In the DC Government
- Reducing Business Payroll Costs
Learn more about Business Toolkit Roadmaps.
Maintain & grow your business
DSLBD offers a variety of programs and resources to not only help you get your business off the ground but to help you invest in and grow your business. Below are a few options to help you get started in the process of:
- Looking for assistance with funding, loans and access to capital? Learn more about DSLBD’s District Capitalized Program.
- Are you a small business located in one of the 18 deginated commercial cooridors in Washington DC that fall under the National Main Street program? Connect with your Main Street team to gain access to small business grants, trainings and workshop opportunities, networking events and more.
Seeking a contract with the DC Government?
- Do you qualify as a Certified Business Enterprise (CBE)? FIRST, review our certification criteria and try the "CBE Wizard" to see if you qualify.
- If you meet the criteria to become a CBE, get certified!
- Do you qualify for assistance from DSLBD's DC Procurement Technical Assistance Center (DC PTAC)? Review our checklist first!
Other agency resources:
- Access the "Start a Business" Wizard tool managed by DCRA to help navigate licensing, and review the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Connect with the DCRA Small Business Resource Center.